Saturday, April 19, 2014

I am still learning

The first term of 2014 has gone by very quickly, but it was one in which I've learned and experienced many things. 

I have started the beginning of this term with high hopes and with many things to accomplish.  I had to finalize my plan on the  purpose and process of my eFellow14 inquiry, setting up and managing our new iPad Air's & supporting colleagues in doing this, starting my training as a Reading Recovery Teacher, Maths PD, SOLO Inquiry PD, iPad apps PD, Co-organising @kidsedchatnz & #ConnectedRotorua as well as EduCampRotorua.  As if this was not enough, I put my hand up to organize our first EduIgnite evening in Rotorua.

I guess I can say it has been somewhat of a roller-coaster... and that there were days that I was exhausted, but I cherished every moment.

After our first eFellow master class, I was able to plan the purpose and process of my inquiry and I am now in the exciting stage of investigating it further.

I enjoyed the new teaching approach my Reading Recovery training is taking me into.  I can already see the value of this, and has even started using some of it within my own classroom.  One challenge though, is to keep on top of all the recordings and paperwork, but I am confident that this will get easier with time, as my skills as a Reading Recovery Teacher continues to develop.

This term also saw me as part of a 'shared teaching model' (due to my Reading Recovery responsibilities), which was very new to me.  To manage planning efficiently, I've decided to set up a Google Site.  Needless to say, that this was one of the best decisions I have made at the start of this year.  Everything is organised - just the way I like it!

With three terms to go, I am looking forward to other new opportunities that are coming my way.  I know I will have fun, because I love my job, I love to teach and I love to learn.


~ "If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.  If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you! - Anonymous ~


No comments:

Post a Comment