Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Interface Xpo - Taupo

Today I've had the opportunity to attend my first Interface Xpo.  I was delighted to learn that my 'partner in crime' in so many of my PL&D activities, will also be there - and as many times before, we meet up and traveled together to this event. Always great to have company, thanks Annemarie!

We had great keynotes in:

  • Network For Learning (where Andy Schick gave us an update on N4L's progress so far on the rollout of the managed network as well as the launch of POND - the N4L Portal) 
  • TTS (with Martin Hughes talking about making professional learning memorable, meaningful and motivating)
  • Cyclone (we heard about changes in their business, new partnerships and some success stories from education customers.  In the afternoon, Adam Noar explained what's new at Google and how it can connect a school with a world of educational resources.  We heard about the chromebook, the management module and how local schools are using Google to improve learning ourcomes)

I found my two workshops to be quite interesting:

  • TTS - Going Google: A demonstration and overview for a school considering or getting started with GAFE
  • Sitech Systems NZ - Where I learned about the 'Seven Spaces' of modern learning environments and technology.


with Annemarie

and with the cool guys from N4L!



~ "Technology is nothing. What's important is that you have faith in people , that they are basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they'll do wonderful things with them." - Steve Jobs ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment