Monday, December 28, 2015

End of year reflection (2015)

I have started this year with many new challenges, therefore my chosen word for this year was 'Open'. 

Looking back at my half year reflection, whilst reflecting on a year that moved forward with some speed I now realised that there were many days that I [unconsciously] had to 'sink or swam'.

I had high hopes and some pretty big expectations for this year... Was it all smooth sailing? Of course not! In spite of some challenges and some minor disappointments, I believe that I was always true to myself whilst learning and experiencing many things.

Highlights:
  • The satisfaction of sharing my skills and knowledge with colleagues and the support I was able to provide where and when required
  • Seeing and experiencing how my five and 6 year old students developed into confident learners, supported by our Teacher Inquiry
  • Becoming part of the Voyager Cross-School Collaborative Inquiry and Wisdom Programme for leaders
  • Enrolling in a Post Grad study on Applied Practice (Digital and Collaborative Learning)
  • Started working as Learning Facilitator at Ngā Pūmanawa e Waru (NPeW)
Reflection:
A real value was having the opportunity to grow my own practice, to question and to make mistakes.
So did I accomplish all that I sought? 
Truthfully, I think no matter how prepared one might be, things don't always turn out as planned. I almost reached one of my goals of 'working towards achieving a work-life balance'. This year however was not all about the outcome, but rather the journey that got me there.

Where to next?
All in all 2015 has been great, but I would still hope to discover the way of having a better work-life balance in 2016 as I will be involved in leading many purposeful experiences as well as being a learner myself.





~ "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you greater than any obstacle." - Christian D Larson ~


No comments:

Post a Comment