Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Planning my Teaching as Inquiry Project (Week 21)


Researched and Community Informed Practice (R&C) - Planning your Teaching as Inquiry Project
As part of Assessment 2 we have to think about how the Teaching as Inquiry project we design will engage various communities in your school (i.e. students, teachers, whānau etc) as well as how it relates to Kaupapa Maori research...

I have started to think about my own inquiry project and community engagement plan that results from the literature review I am compiling. It will focus primarily on the design of my project, but will gradually move into actually implementing the plan in my school context and in my practice.

This inquiry will be relevant when looking at our latest ERO report with our area for development "... community partnerships need to be reviewed in order to sustain school development and improvement."

I will therefore base my inquiry on "How can we use communication/digital technologies to engage parents, as schools are not leveraging communication/digital technologies to improve collaborative learning for all stakeholders."

The following video is quite appropriate for my inquiry as it not only covers the variety of meaningful uses for technology, but also the misconceptions about the role of technology in education.




“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” - Mother Teresa ~



No comments:

Post a Comment